A little lesson in anatomy, hormones etc.
The gall bladder is indeed not a vital organ. Its purpose in the body is to transfer bile from the liver to the intestine. After received from the liver, the bile release from the gall bladder is stimulated by the hormone cholecystokinin (CCK). CCK is a hunger suppressant (i.e. it signals satiety) and acts to release digestive enzymes and bile from both the gall bladder and pancreas. Once bile is released from the gall bladder it travels to the intestine where the it is reabsorbed. This is efficacious because it increases water retention and reabsorption of bile through the intestinal wall. If the gall bladder needs to be removed, unconcentrated bile will drain directly from the liver to the intestine which isn't dangerous but does reduce the efficiency of bile absorbtion/digestion.
The pancreas secretes insulin, glucagon and somatostatin (growth hormone inhibiting hormone).
Couscous is made from rolling and shaping semolina wheat and coating with finely ground wheat flour.
I am on week 5 out of 6 of this fat pill/cream cheese study and I am the only one that has not had (almost) any rise (or fall) of my serum triglycerides. Apparently I'm stable, which is abnormal and the professor hates me. I am the outlier of his data.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great that he's paying you $600 so that he can disregard your data and count it as an outlier.
Post a Comment