Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tell me about your lives

Hey kids, it's been a long time since we had any new posts. What's goin on? Kata, Eric, how's grad school. How's the new job Joe? Madge, Kali, what's new with you guys?

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Dear Kevin,
School is oh so exciting. The parties have been non-stop and it's nearly impossible to find time to myself. Naps are out of the question because every free minute of my day is consumed with constant entertainment from my multitude of friends here in West Lafayette. My classes are ever so exciting that I find myself looking forward to waking up in the wee hours of the morning just so that I can read over my notes one last time before class begins. I love the fact that I am unable to say/do what I want at practice because too many voices will take authority away from those who possess it. I also look forward to the end of practice when we get to do team building exercises like a 15 person human knot. All in all this semester is flying by and I just wish it would last a little bit longer.

With love,
Margaret

PS. On Friday the 7th of September I will be staying at your place and drinking like we used to.

Joey said...

Da new jobby-

Well, I deal in customer service. At Better World Books, basically that means I have to go through hundreds of emails a day, fix the errors in the orders in our system, and email the customers back. The best part of my job is the customers who are super pissed off about their order. So there are a lot of threats coming our way about sending police or FBI because people are pretty sure we are a scam.

We also get rather interesing inquiries at times. For instance, I had a certain email:

"Hello,
This is kind of a strange question, but could you please tell me whether this book has any strong odors to it, including mustiness?
Thanks very much,
Marti".

My response:

"Dear Marti,
I have gone into the depths of the warehouse and have thouroughly checked the scent of your book. I have come to the conclusion that it contains no strong odors. Yes - that includes mustiness.
-Joe Carter"

So that's the kind of stuff I do. The job is going well, I'm sending roughly 300 emails a day. They don't pay well at all, but at least I'm making SOME money. Missing you all a ton and missing the summer just as much.

Love,
Joey

Joey said...

also - ive never seen so many effing books in my entire life.

zilla said...

Hey guys!
I just got back from a fun filled week in Colorado with the one and only Darkside. We went on a 3 day rafting trip through Colorado and Utah. I was pretty nervous to raft since I've never gone before, but let me tell you, the class 4 rapids we did were awesome- a huge adrenaline rush!! Darcy guided the whole thing and was awesome at it. At the end of the trip she convinced me to jump off this 40 foot cliff. I have no idea what made me do it (since I'm slightly afraid of heights and super afraid of free falling). I landed weird and got some bruises on my legs, but dear lord I did it. She also taught me how to shoot a rifle. I think out of the handful of bullets I had, I hit the beer can twice. Darcy on the other hand....Junior Shooting Champ.

I don't start school until tomorrow. I have some pretty hard classes plus I'm not sure how its going to feel to have a full load again. That plus work should make for an interesting semester. I had orientation last week and learned a wealth of useful information including the fact that the blueberry is the state muffin here in Minnesota. Yea. There are only 18 people in my program. A bunch of them are already married or living with their boyfriends or are pregnant or already have a child. I'm praying that at least 2 of them are cool and maybe, just maybe, will drink with me on the weekends.

I've been going for lots of bike rides since I have no friends. Biking around here has gotten easier now that I'm used to cars speeding by. I still feel slightly out of place though - people really like to wear spandex here. Yesterday I passed by this Catholic church and decided to go, and wouldn't you know we sang Gather Us In for the opening hymn. Pretty sweet huh? Even though I was hoping for On Eagles Wings.....

Miss you all a ton. Come visit if you can!!

pigous said...

Dear Kevin,
Can I come too? plus a Michelle?