Monday, June 8, 2009

Chinese government at it again

Try hacking around THIS Bones

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Censorship is crazy. I mean, I know we never probably get the whole story in the US but it's different in China where newscasts might stop for a few minutes before resuming. It's creepy that someone might care enough to monitor what 1.3 billion people are saying and doing on the internet.

Margaret said...

Also. The Chinese don't really like it all that much I imagine. Today I saw a girl almost commit suicide. We watched her on top of a building for about an hour before she decided to go back in. It's like a train wreck you can't look away.

ycrad said...

wow. marge its hard to imagine what you're writing. it sucks that that's the way things are run there. i honestly had no idea it was that extreme. talk about cultural diversity.

Margaret said...

The government blocked google today...

Margaret said...

I take it back. American google is blocked. I can do whatever I want on Chinese google. I thought it was something against americans, but spanish google is blocked too.

Margaret said...

Status update: "We have found that Google has spread a lot of pornographic content, which is a serious violation of Chinese laws and regulations," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said.

Margaret said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/26/world/asia/26china.html?ref=technology