Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ridiculousness in China

1. The other day I saw a person bicycle riding with a face mask (to protect against swine flu) that was inside of a sports face mask holder. Maybe like you would buy a sports band to hold your iPod on your arm but it's function is to hold your face mask to your face during extreme activities...bicycle riding.

2. Last week we couldn't see more than 100 ft. in front of us and I thought it was a weird fog (it rained during the day). In fact this black mass was a thick layer of particulate matter. Here's a time article about it. http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1905736,00.html

and here's the twitter link so you can track what I'm breathing at any given hour.

http://twitter.com/beijingair

It usually says "unhealthy". When it reads "harmful" is when I bring out my own face mask.

I wear a face mask sometimes.

You can follow frisbee goings on and essentially my social life in China at beijingultimate.blogspot.com.

Miss you guys.

No comments: