Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Speaking of babies

We talked about this in class the other day and I thought it was pretty incredible...

Why did handgun fatality rates in the US drop so drastically around the 1980s?

If any of you have read the book Freakonomics then you know...

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Tell us. We're stumped.

zilla said...

The legalization of in the early of 1970s.

zilla said...

...of abortion that is...

pigous said...

was this in a statistics class?

zilla said...

no - an environmental health class. trust me it had nothing to do with the lecture. the best part of that class is distracting the prof from his outdated 1980 lectures and having our own class discussions.

pigous said...

not to be a complete nerd but I would really like to see how this guy constructed his regression analysis. Sounds like he went on a statistical fishing expedition.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics...

p.s. Environmental health class sounds awesome! I feel like one day we are gonna end up working together on some cool ass project. maybe marge too :)