So I get home from SB '08 and all I want to do is sleep in my own bed instead of an air mattress. Now, I'm pretty much counting on the fact that I never lock the basement door cause I didn't have my keys with me - also my phone was completely dead. Of course, someone has locked the door while I was away for the week and I'm screwed because it's 3 in the morning. Thinking quick I realize that Eric and Kali were behind me by a few miles perhaps so if I could get to Eric's house before them then I might be able to secure a futon spot which isn't as good as my bed, but better than my car. Of course, they're already home and I assume that the door is locked. Next I try Heim and Jess's with no luck since they've been home for hours. I come back to my own place try all the doors again or to look for an outdoor electrical outlet in order to charge my phone and maybe call Eric... Again, no such luck on either account. I go to get my sleeping bag and am about to call it a night in the car when I think...no, I'll just go to McDonalds and sit there and charge my phone...at least it will be warm. As I pass by my house I see a light flick on...Someone must be home! David comes to the door confused as to why I'm pounding on it instead of just using the key that I should have been carrying.
At this point, I owe David at least some common courtesy points - he did just let me in at 3:30 in the morning and save me from a night in my car. He apparently has just gotten home from the bars and has loads of stories to tell me. All I could think about was the fact that it's 3:30, I've spent the last 16 hours in a car. I tried my best to pay attention and at this point all I could tell you was that he met a guy in the bar who was an asshole and he got shitty back and then felt bad about it because "if someone's an asshole, they can't help it. They are always going to be an asshole, so why should I be mean to him about it."
The point of all of this nonsense is that he thinks he is really good at understanding people, even the assholes in life. And he wants to be able to contribute to society by sharing his thoughts and ideas with the world. So if anyone is ever looking for a good read you can go ahead and point your browser to
www.davidwindmiller.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Score! Click You just became my second favorite blog
what a windbag.
Is his middle name really Wind? I hope so.
I would love to meet David someday and get some insight into my own little life dilemmas.
Dr. David
Windmiller, is that dutch?
kevin, your joke elicited a smirk. i just thought you should know.
i think deep down david is trying to help people, he just doesn't realize he comes off as an arrogant jerk. and he used the word "construct" so he must know what he's talking about.
Post a Comment