Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vaca

So whats the dealio with Minnesota? What are some of your plans and suggestions Pigious? I'm bored at work today - lay em on me! I'll help plan.

1 comment:

pigous said...

Ok, here goes:

We were talking about going to Valley Fair, outside of Minneapolis (maybe on Mon. 13th?)

I have reserved one night at Tettegouche state park for Wed, Aug. 15th ($5 a person) so that is the only day that is kind of certain. Our campsite is right on the Lakeshore.

The other places I was looking were Gooseberry Falls State Park and Cascade River State Park. All three of the parks are right along Hwy 61 which runs along the shore of Lake Superior. They all have showers, toilets, cool hiking trails, etc.

As for canoeing, this outfitter specializes in day trips to the BWCA:

http://www.echotrailoutfitters.com/content/view/23/30/
(kind of pricey, but it seems worth it)
They are located in Ely, MN.
or I was looking at the Falls Lake Campground ($7 per person), which also rents canoes and is located in Ely

As for biking...this place rents bicycles
http://www.sawtoothoutfitters.com/index.php?Content=SummerRental/Bikes.htm
It is near Cascade River State Park and you can rent road bikes and go on this sweet paved road called the "Gitchi-gami trail"
http://www.ggta.org/

That is all i have so far...i'm also talking to a friend at work that i just found out went up there and he is gonna give us some recommendations.

So what does everybody think about these different activities?...these are just suggestions. in all honesty its gonna be fun either way so whatever you guys wanna do is fine by me!