Who knew that camp was all about embarrassing the counselors any chance they get?...
So it's been an ongoing joke here that I never get mail. When i say never, I actually mean I've received one drawing and one letter from 2 campers in the 2 months I've been here. Anyways, I hinted to my parents I would love for them to send me a carepackage since I don't often have the luxury of going to a store to buy something. Imagine my surprise when the counselor next door came in yelling "Darsupial!!! (new nickname) YOU GOT A HUGE PACKAGE IN THE OFFICE!!" It was the best day of my life. So I go to pick up this enormous package only to find that the largest package was no bigger than a shoebox. Mine, however, was smaller. I took my tiny package that was sent in a large Nutri-Grain box to the cabin to see what was inside. Perhaps a small army of chololate? or some good reading material? at the very least, a kind letter?? NO. Did u already guess what was inside? thats right->47 Nutri-Grain bars!!! utterly disappointed is an understatement, especially since I don't really like them. once everyone heard about my awesome package, the staff was in an uproar of laughter. The real embarrassing part is yet to come... Two nights ago, the nighttime activity was counselor dress-up. Each cabin got to dress up their counselor as any super hero. My cabin this session isn't exactly the most creative group, but I was shocked at thier idea: Nutri-Grain Girl!!! That's right, they cut up the boxes and put them on my head, shoulders, and gave me wings. My super power: shooting poisonous nutri-grain juice at evildoers. Yea, I didn't win. I just walked away in shame. You can check out what i looked like online in the 2nd session photos...
so i heard sandblast was one for the books?! getting kicked out of a bar for your amazing dancing madge?? they obviously don't know what good dancing is made of...hahahahahaha...so wish i was there to see it.
and just to refresh your memories, i have from aug 1-6th completely off. you can stay at the camp for free and probably eat for free as well...basically there will be no one there but us = awesome!!!
so i need a yay or nay asap, cause if it's a no, i'll have to tell everyone what a loser i am that no one writes OR visits and try to find something to do for 6 days. hahahaha jk
i reeeeallly hope you can all make it!!! at least for a day or two:) oh and as a bonus, you can bring/drink all the booze you like! does it sound as fun to you as it does to me??
miss you all like crazy,
darc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
darcy(darsupia)!! hahahaha! i'm gonna be nutri-grain girl for halloween next year. badass :) miss you like craaazy. maybe the package fairy will appear at your local post office in the near future. with the biggest package of your ENTIRE LIFE.
oh, and send us a password or something for the picture galleries. we have to log in to see them or something, and boy oh boy do i wanna see this...
I miss you.
Post a Comment